Sharesight API - Introduction
What's an API?
A nice definition (taken from readwrite): In the simplest terms, APIs are sets of requirements that govern how one application can talk to another. An Application Programming Interface allows third-party developers to access data on a user's behalf.
A user is authenticated using OAuth, an open protocol to allow secure authorization in a simple and standard method from web, mobile and desktop applications.
What does Sharesight offer?
Sharesight provides two APIs:
- the Connect API is portfolio-based. All endpoints are linked to a particular portfolio and you can only access that portfolio.
- the User API is user-based, which means that all endpoints are linked to a user, and you can access all of the authenticated user's portfolios.
- Sign up for a Sharesight account.
- Send an email to email@example.com asking for access to the Sharesight API. Let us know which API you intend to use along with your product name and the email address that you used for your Sharesight account.
- Read through the documentation provided here to help you with integrating your application with Sharesight.